Creativity is vital for a successful company. Those organizations that get stuck doing the same thing the same way are almost doomed.
But I do see some problems with creativity in companies:
1. If senior leadership is not bought into creativity it makes it harder for lower levels to bring that to reality.
2. It’s easier to criticize than support creativity.
3. Fear is often the driver in organization. And fear hates change!
4. You have to be sure of who you are and what you bring to the table before you can go out and be creative.
5. Creativity is a process and takes time. Making space for reflection and contemplation is crucial.
This article reinforces what I have been seeing a lot working with Fortune 500 companies and with my individual clients. It is a great read.