Job Action Day is about looking for opportunities not just in the traditional avenues of full-time jobs but also in part-time, freelance or other work opportunities. For this special day I am offering anyone without a job 25% off of a Resume Rewrite or any Coaching Services.
And what can you do?
If you’re employed – reach out to someone who isn’t so fortunate and offer them some advice, a contact or a job lead.
If you’re not employed – rework your resume, go to a different job site and apply for a job, call someone you haven’t talked to for a long time, cold call one company, or even go and ask at local businesses if they are hiring. The key is to do something. It only takes one action to lead to a job. And above all go to the Job Action Website and see all the amazing advice which is out there.
Please check out these blog posts that are joining mine in supporting Job Action Day 2010:
- Quintessential Careers Blog, Third annual Job Action Day arrives with job-seekers struggling with a new and more challenging future of work, future of job-hunting.
- Career Doctor Blog http://www.careerdoctor.org/career-doctor-blog/2010/11/job-action-day-2010-5-things-t.html.
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog, Career Experts Offer Tips for New Job-Search Realities: Job Action Day 2010.
- A Storied Career, Job Action Day 2010: Stories of Creating Opportunity Through LinkedIn.
- Susan Guarneri, New World of Work: Job Action Day 2010 Career Assessment Goddess.
- Wendy Terwelp, Job Action Day: Create Your Own Opportunity, Rock Your Career.
- Laura Labovich, Give-to-Get in the Protean Workplace!, Aspire! Empower!
- David Couper, Job Action: what can you do to help, David Couper Blog.
- Barbara Safani, Job Action Day-Opportunities Knock Harder When You Use Social Media, Career Solvers Blog.
- Maggie Mistal, Job Action Day: Soul Search, Research & Job Search To Create Real Opportunity, Career Advice Blog.
- Steven Rothberg, On Job Action Day 2010, Focus on Your Competencies, Interests, and values, CollegeRecruiter.com Blog
- Miriam Salpeter, Job Action Day — how to create job opportunities by being a connector, Keppie Careers.
- The Career Management Alliance Blog [multiple posts].
- Stephen Hinton, Focus On Certifications: How Can a Certification Help My Green Job Search?, Hinton Human Capital Blog.
You can also find Job Action Day 2010 posts on these blogs:
- Heather Krasna, Heather Krasna’s Public Service Career Blog.
- Meg Guiseppi, Executive Career Branding.
- Willy Franzen, One Day One Job.
- Deborah Shane, Deborah Shane Toolbox,
- Debra Wheatman, Careers Done Write Blog.
- Darrell Gurney, Career Guy Blog.
- Jason Alba, JibberJobber Blog.
- Rich Milgram, EmploymentMetrix Blog.